archerum key

Hi,

I’d like to run the UM on ARCHER2, so I’m following the instructions at http://cms.ncas.ac.uk/wiki/Archer2/SshAgentSetup. I’ve completed up to step 4 but when I try step 5 I get

marc@puma:/home/marc> ssh login.archer2.ac.uk
Permission denied (publickey).

Now it says I might have to wait 2 working days for my archerum key to be installed on ARCHER2. I set this up last Thursday, so it’s been much longer than 2 working days. Could you please tell how best to get this to work? Should I be contacting ARCHER2 help rather than you?

Thanks, Marc

Hi Marc,

I swear I sent your key off to ARCHER2 but it’s not there. I will investigate and get back to you.

In case I forget to mention later, you now have to use login-4c.archer2.ac.uk to access the 4-cab system. login.archer2.ac.uk is now reserved for the full ARCHER2 system when it comes online.

Cheers,
Ros.

Hi Marc,

You archerum key is now in place on ARCHER2. Please try again.

Cheers,
Ros.

Thanks Ros,

I’m not getting:

marc@puma:/home/marc> ssh -Y login-4c.archer2.ac.uk
X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
WARNING: Your password has expired.
Password change required but no TTY available.
Connection to login-4c.archer2.ac.uk closed.

which isn’t quite what is says on the website, but is probably OK and a lot better than I was getting before.

Thanks, Marc

Hi Marc,

Looks like ARCHER2 wants you to reset your password. Log into ARCHER2 from another machine to get you an interactive session and i suspect it will prompt you to change your password.

Cheers,
Ros.

Thanks Ros, I’ll try that.