Hi,
I previously had an issue where tasks were failing to submit from puma2 to ARCHER2. Ros fixed this by noticing my ARCHER2 ~/.bash_profile was pointing to a very old UM environment with cylc version 7: https://cms-helpdesk.ncas.ac.uk/t/submit-failed-puma2-to-archer2/2121/3?u=racheldiamond
My suite u-ea675 was running fine but this morning around 6am stopped with similar submit-failed errors. I checked on ARCHER2 and again have cylc --version 7.8.12 (instead of cylc 8). Nothing in my bash profile has changed.
How should I fix this? I’m a bit nervous to try lots of different restart methods as u-ea675 is meant to be bit-comparable to another running suite.
Best wishes,
Rachel
Hi Rachel.
Couple of questions…
- What is your PUMA2/ARCHER2 username?
- What do you get when you run
cylc --version on PUMA2?
- What do you get when you run
which cylc on PUMA2
This is what I get…
$ cylc --version
8.6.3
$ which cylc
/home/n02/n02/fcm/metomi/bin/cylc
It’s possible too that even though you’ve made sure you’re using Cylc 8 on PUMA2 that it is being set to use version 7 on ARCHER2. I have export CYLC_VERSION=8 in my startup scripts on PUMA2 and ARCHER2.
Also, if you’re restarting from a previously stopped job which ran with Cylc 7 then it will automatically pick version 7 again even if you have version 8 hardcoded in your startup scripts. Restarting using a different Cylc version is possible but is fraught with potential potholes.
Cheers
Jonny
Hi,
My PUMA2 and ARCHER2 username is radiam24 (met office username is racheldiamond). On PUMA2 I get cylc version 8.6.3, and which cylc >
/home/n02/n02/fcm/metomi/bin/cylc.
I’m trying to restart a job that was running fine yesterday and I haven’t changed anything since then, just started suddenly getting submit-failed messages this morning. So it’s possible it’s not related to the CYLC version at all, I just assumed it was because of Ros’s fix on the previous problem in July.
Thanks!
Rachel
Thanks for that info Rachel. It’s possible that the project you’re submitting under has reached budget. We’ll get back to you on this.
$ cat /home/n02/n02/radiam24/roses/u-ea675/rose-suite.conf|grep -i archer2_group
ARCHER2_GROUP='n02-SURFEIT'
Cheers
Jonny