Create_frames_chunk

Hello,

I’m running CMIP6 historical N216-ORCA025 on ARCHER2, which is the suite u-cp454. I have no idea what create_frames_chunk job under the coupled task means, but only one of the five chunks job succeeded and the others failed so it doesn’t go further to something like post processing. Also, at the next timestep run, I’m getting the following errors so the coupled jobs are at the ‘retrying’ state. Can you please advise how I can get the suite to run and what the error message is exactly pointing to?

Traceback (most recent call last):

envinsts, launchcmds = _run_drivers(common_envars, mode)

File “./link_drivers”, line 66, in _run_drivers
‘(common_envars,'%s')’ % (drivername, mode)
File “”, line 1, in
File “/mnt/lustre/a2fs-work2/work/n02/n02/jhlee/cylc-run/u-cn767/work/19880106T0000Z/coupled/um_driver.py”, line 307, in run_driver
exe_envar = _setup_executable(common_envar)
File “/mnt/lustre/a2fs-work2/work/n02/n02/jhlee/cylc-run/u-cn767/work/19880106T0000Z/coupled/um_driver.py”, line 181, in _setup_executable
common_envar[‘CYLC_TASK_NAME’])
File “/mnt/lustre/a2fs-work2/work/n02/n02/jhlee/cylc-run/u-cn767/work/19880106T0000Z/coupled/um_driver.py”, line 53, in _verify_fix_rst
checkpoint_date = _grab_xhist_date(xhistfile)
File “/mnt/lustre/a2fs-work2/work/n02/n02/jhlee/cylc-run/u-cn767/work/19880106T0000Z/coupled/um_driver.py”, line 43, in _grab_xhist_date
return checkpoint_date
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘checkpoint_date’ referenced before assignment
[FAIL] run_model <<‘STDIN
[FAIL]
[FAIL] ‘STDIN’ # return-code=1

Best,
Jiheun

Hi Jiheun,

This is a copy of a partly developed suite for the CANARI project which has extra tasks in it (like the frames creation for downscaling) - I can’t even remember what state that suite got to as we’ve copied it to another suite id and have developed further since then.

Maybe we need to have a chat about exactly what you/Till are after to help you get the right suite?

Regards,
Ros.

P.S. I suspect the reason the job has fallen over is because the cycling frequency is set to 5 days. Because of the extra tasks that are in this suite the minimum cycling frequency you can run with is 1 month.

Hi Ros,

Thanks for your help. We both would really appreciate if we can have a chat with you about upgrading the suite.

What I aim to have in the end is to run 1950-control HighResMIP N512-ORCA12 on ARCHER2. I’m aware that HighResMIP configuration hasn’t been run on ARCHER2, so I wanted to start from u-aq281 (picontrol CMIP6 N216-ORCA025) and then make all the changes in the corresponding HighResMIP suite (1950 control HighResMIP N216-ORCA025), so that we can run the HH HighResMIP by converting the resolution. But I got to know that the suite u-cm829 (historical CMIP6 N216-ORCA025) has been already run on ARCHER2, so was hoping that it makes the work easier? But as you said, if the suite u-cm829 was developed a bit from the original suite then what suite would you suggest to work from?

We found the three major differences between CMIP6 and HighResMIP configurations, which is different UM version, easyaerosol, and ozone configuration. That was why I wanted to use vn10.7_easyaerosol_v3 branch as um source. But I would need to figure out the differences between two branches (vn10.7_easyaerosol_v3 branch and vn10.7_CMIP6_production_mods).

Best wishes,
Jiheun