Segmentation fault during UM recon

Morning CMS,

I’m getting the following segmentation error when running the UM reconfiguration for job u-dd522.

[0] exceptions: An exception was raised:11 (Segmentation fault)
[0] exceptions: the exception reports the extra information: Address not mapped to object.
[0] exceptions: whilst in a serial region
[0] exceptions: Task had pid=154616 on host nid003557
[0] exceptions: Program is “/work/n02/n02/jostal/cylc-run/u-dd522/share/fcm_make_um/build-recon/bin/um-recon.exe”
[0] exceptions: calling registered handler @ 0x0040d1b0

I’ve printed off extra diagnostics and it seems to stop running when reading the qrclim.biog ancillary. It’s never stopped here before?

Any ideas what could be the issue?

Please note, for this simulation I’ve added new prognostics and added additional UM source code. Surprised that it crashes at the recon.

Kind regards,
Josh

Josh

Where is the output?

Grenville

Hi Grenville,

/work/n02/n02/jostal/cylc-run/u-dd522/log/job/20210411T0000Z/EastAfrica_38p5L80_4p4km_RA2T_um_recon/NN contains the relevant job.err and job.out script.

Kind regards,
Josh

Solved! In my STASHmaster_A file I was defining the LEVEL_TYPE for my new prognostics wrong.

https://code.metoffice.gov.uk/doc/um/latest/papers/umdp_C04.pdf - is a very helpful document if you have a similar issue.

Thanks
NCAS CMS

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.