Transition to puma2, not able to copy over keys

Hello

I’m following the instructions to transition from pumanew to puma2, and getting stuck with item #7, which is copying the public and private keys from archer2 to puma2. I’m getting the ‘permission denied’ error - see below. Can you please help.

Thanks

Andrew

anmcr@ln03:~> scp ~/.ssh/id_rsa* anmcr@login.archer2.ac.uk:/home/n02/n02-puma/anmcr/.ssh
Warning: Permanently added the ECDSA host key for IP address ‘193.62.216.44’ to the list of known hosts.
anmcr@login.archer2.ac.uk: Permission denied (publickey).

Hi Andrew,

Point 7 (i) is copying the archer2 ssh-keys from your local system to your puma2 home directory not from archer2 to puma2.

Run the scp command on your local system (ie the machine you usually login to ARCHER2 from)

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros

Thanks for the reply. I resolved this issue. I got to step #9 ‘Update suites to run on puma2’. My run is ‘u-cz625’. I modified the file /home/n02/n02/anmcr/roses/u-cz625/site/ncas-cray-ex/suite-adds.rc (copied below) and changed the line ‘host = $(rose host-select localhost)’ to ‘host = $(rose host-select archer2)’, but it wouldn’t submit the job. Have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Andrew

{% set HPC_HOST = “login.archer2.ac.uk” %}
{% set NCPU_PER_NODE = 128 %}
{% set SERIALQ = “serial” %}
{% set SERIAL_RUN_CMD = “srun” %}
{% set PARALLEL_RUN_CMD = “srun” %}
{% set IDL_SERVER = “not-yet” %}
{% set LINUX_RUN_CMD = “background” %}

[runtime]
[[HOST_LOCAL]]
[[[remote]]]
host = $(rose host-select archer2)

Hi Andrew,

Only change lines with HPC_HOST in them. Put the localhost one back as that needs to run on the suite host (ie. puma2)

So you change:
{% set HPC_HOST = “login.archer2.ac.uk" %}
to
{% set HPC_HOST = "archer2” %}

And
host = {{HPC_HOST}}
to
host = $(rose host-select {{HPC_HOST}})

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros,
That worked. The suite is running.
Many thanks for your prompt help.
Best wishes
Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.