Disk error when submitting suite on MONSOON

Hi

I’m trying to submit my suite u-cc933 on MONSOON but get the following error message:

[INFO] export CYLC_VERSION=7.8.7
[INFO] export ROSE_ORIG_HOST=xcslc0
[INFO] export ROSE_SITE=
[INFO] export ROSE_VERSION=2019.01.5
[INFO] delete: localhost:cylc-run/u-cc933
[INFO] symlink: /projects/nexcs-n02/mtodt/cylc-run/u-cc933 <= /home/d00/mtodt/cylc-run/u-cc933
[INFO] create: log.20210709T113045Z
[INFO] delete: log
[INFO] symlink: log.20210709T113045Z <= log
[INFO] log.20210709T112342Z.tar.gz <= log.20210709T112342Z
[INFO] delete: log.20210709T112342Z/
[INFO] create: log/suite
[INFO] create: log/rose-conf
[INFO] symlink: rose-conf/20210709T113045-run.conf <= log/rose-suite-run.conf
[INFO] symlink: rose-conf/20210709T113045-run.version <= log/rose-suite-run.version
[FAIL] disk I/O error

I realise that the symlink is to nexcs-n02, which is now retired. But I already included links to another project for share and work in rose-suite.conf.

I also had several failed attempts to submit my suite over the last days due to disk quotas, although I should have ample space in my project directory. I don’t know if that is related.

Many thanks for your help!

Best wishes,
Markus

Hi Markus,

Sorry I told you the wrong thing to add to change the location of the output to a different /projects directory. I totally forgot that the top-level suite cylc-run dir is symlinked now. It used to just be the share and work directories that were. The disk I/O error is caused by attempting a circlular symlink I think.

Replace the 2 lines I told you to add at the top of the rose-suite.conf file with:

root-dir=*=/projects/porcelain/$USER

Cheers,
Ros.

Hi Ros,

No worries, thanks a lot for the quick response! The suite is running now.

May the previous disk quota error messages I got be related to this? Or do I have to check my home or scratch directories to be sure? My porcelain project directory is only at about 10% of the storage I asked for, so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Best,
Markus

Hi Markus,

I’m not 100% sure but I suspect the disk quota errors were related. The only reason I say that is because I’ve just tried submitting my suite with the wrong settings for root-dir and am getting “Disk quota exceeded” and “Disk I/O” errors too whereas when I set it properly I don’t.

So I would suggest we don’t worry about them now and if they do reappear we can look then and hopefully we will have more information.

Cheers,
Ros.

Great, many thanks again for your help!

Best,
Markus

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.