Error at postproc_atmos

Dear helpdesk,

I have got the below error in postproc_atmos at the cycle 26771001 in my UKESM1.1 suite (u-ct170). The suite has been running smoothly so far and I have not seen this error message before - and I am not quite sure what this error message means. Should I rerun the suite before this cycle or do you have any suggestion to solve this error?

ValueError: Unknown dataset_type 0, supported types are dict_keys([1, 2, 3, 4, 5])
[FAIL] main_pp.py atmos <<‘STDIN
[FAIL]
[FAIL] ‘STDIN’ # return-code=1

Many thanks,
May

Hi May,

Sorry for the delay. Is this still an issue?

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros,

Thanks for getting back to this, and yes I am still having this error in the suite u-ct170.
Do you know what is the cause of this error?

Thanks,
May

Hi May,

The problem is caused by a dodgey meanfile.

/work/n02/n02/mmc70/cylc-run/u-ct170/share/data/History_Data/ct170a.ps2677jja is corrupt.

If you try opening it in xconv you’ll see it has an unknown filetype and can’t be read.

I can see that there was a problem with the postproc_atmos task back in cycle 26770701T0000Z. Where try 03 started to create the ps2677jja seasonal mean but didn’t complete for some reason. Try 04 then decided as a file existed for ps2677jja that it didn’t need to recreate it.

So if you need the seasonal/annual means you’re going to have to back up and rerun from a suitable point.

Regards
Ros.

Hi Ros,

Thanks a lot! I will rerun the suite before the corrupted month.

Cheers,
May