Failing at fcm_make2_drivers/ fcm_make2_oceans

my runs seem to be failing at fcm_make2_ocean:

ERROR: file not found: /home/jgrist/cylc-run/u-cwl17/loq/job/19500101T00002/fcmmakezocean/NN/job.err
Traceback (most recent call last) :
File “/home/fcm/cylc-7.8.12/bin/cylc-cat-log”, line 439, in smodules
main()
File “/home/fem/cyle-7.8.12/bin/cyle-cat-log”, line 435, in main
tmpfile edit(out, options.geditor)
File “, home/fem/cylc-7.8.12/bin/ cylc-cat-log”, line 265, in tmpfile edit
modtimel
= 05. stat(tmpfile).st mtime
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, int found

Could you help / interpret solve issue

Hi Jeremy,

The ERROR you post is cylc saying it can’t find a job.err file. There is no job.err file as the job has not submitted correctly. If the GUI shows submit-failed as the task status you need to look in the job-activity.log file.

(jgrist02@login.archer2.ac.uk) 2023-04-14T01:55:49Z [STDERR] sbatch: error: AssocMaxCpuMinutesPerJobLimit
(jgrist02@login.archer2.ac.uk) 2023-04-14T01:55:49Z [STDERR] sbatch: error: Batch job submission failed: Job violates accounting/QOS policy (job submit limit, user's size and/or time limits)

The problem is due to the budget code. What project/nerc grant are you working on? We’re in a new HPC accounting year now - I presume the project applied for HPC resource in the recent round and should now have it’s own budget code. n02-ncas is a currently not activated.

Regards,
Ros.

HI Ros,

Many thanks for the explanation.

We are in ArctiCONNECT– but when I first started using the UM, Grenville directed us to use n02-ncas.

We have HPC resources approved until September.

But I’m afraid I can’t see the code (equivalent to n02-ncas), where do I locate this?

Thanks again,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I’ve just added you to n02-ACONNECT which is the ArctiCONNECT budget code I believe.

Regards,
Ros.

Many thanks,

Jeremy