Get SIF canopy layer code into JULES trunk

Hi Patrick
Can you get the SIF canopy layer code accepted into the JULES trunk?
Tristan

Hi Patrick,

My version of JULES with canopy layer outputs (and hence as a model dimension) is here:

/home/users/db903833/src/jules5.0/sif_trunk (on RACC)

It appears to be JULES 5.0. I took my lead from here:

https://jules-lsm.github.io/vn7.0/code/io.html#implementing-new-variables-for-input-and-output

but I confess I can’t see the bit about adding new dimensions!

Cheers,
Tristan.

ps - I note there are a bunch of changes in:
src/io/model_interface

to the following:
model_interface_mod.F90
extract_var.inc
get_var_levs_dims.inc
variable_metadata.inc

I think it’s these bits that are the core changes needed outside of the “science” parts of the code.

Tristan

Hi Tristan:

I copied your code to JASMIN under /home/users/pmcguire/jules/RACC__db903833__src__jules5.0__sif_trunk2

and I checked our JULES 5.0 with fcm checkout fcm:jules.x_tr@vn5.0 and I put vn5.0 under /home/users/pmcguire/jules/jules-vn5.0

Then I did diff -r jules-vn5.0 RACC__db903833__src__jules5.0__sif_trunk2

I see the differences.

Can I check your version into the MOSRS archive? Or have you already checked it in there or somewhere else?

I guess you already have an MOSRS account, as well.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Can I check your version into the MOSRS archive?
Yes, please do.

Or have you already checked it in there or somewhere else?
I have not.

I guess you already have an MOSRS account, as well.
I do, but happy for you to own this.

Tristan.

Hi Tristan
Thanks!

I have checked it in to MOSRS
as https://code.metoffice.gov.uk/svn/jules/main/branches/dev/patrickmcguire/vn5.0_sif1

I think to get this code into the trunk, I will have to update it to the latest version of JULES, which I will do now.
Patrick

Hi Tristan
I started merging your vn5.0_sif1 branch with the latest version of JULES (7.0). Not sure how long it will take me to merge this. There have been a lot of changes from JULES 5.0 to 7.0 in the trunk.
Patrick

Hi Tristan:
Do you have an example JULES suite that uses the vn5.0_sif1 branch, which I can work on testing with my copy of this branch and for testing the porting from jules 5.0 to jules 7.0?
Patrick