Multiple nemo task

I want to write a workflow that spawns two parallel nemo_cice tasks from a specific year (2000). I have written a workflow, but I wonder if there is another way to do it. In this workflow (see graph), nemo_cice and nemo_cice_fw will have different DATAM folders. Therefore, each needs its own postproc task (i.e. postproc and postproc_fw). I wonder whether nemo_cice and nemo_cice_fw could share a folder; the only difference would then be the file names (e.g. nemo_blabla_gridT.nc and nemo_fw_blabla_gridT.nc). I think that can be done. The main issue would be the postproc routine that merges the multiple files. Do you know if postproc is file-name specific, or does it grab everything (grid_T, grid_U and grid_V) in the DATAM folder? Thanks in advance for all your help

Kind regards,

Estanislao

Hi Estanislao,

If I understand you correctly, this should be relatively easy using cylc parametrization, in a similar way to Valeria’s PROMOTE rare-event ensemble simulation suite. Is this for your PROMOTE work?

Cheers,
Ros

Hi Ros,

Yes, I think it is very similar. I only need to create a secondary nemo simulation from 2000 with a freshwater perturbation. I think I can do it as shown in the picture, but I would like a second opinion from someone more experienced.

Best regards,

Estanislao