Restarting a failed UM run

Hi,

I had a UM run going last week when ARCHER2 was taken offline, so I’ve tried to restart the run for the dumps. My run started at 19880901 and had simulated 6 months. The last dump had the name da19890301_00. Therefore, I’ve set um->namelist->Model Input and Output->Dumping and Meaning->astart to my dump file: /work/n02/n02/dangalea/archive/u-cg647/19890301T0000Z/cg647a.da19890301_00. I’ve also changed suite conf->Run Initialisation and Cycling->Model basis time to 19890301T0000Z. I’ve also set suite conf->Run Initialisation and Cycling->Bit compare with previously run CRUN to true after looking at this ticket. However, the atmos_main task fails with

???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!       ERROR        ???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!
?  Error code: 10
aborting job:
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 9) - process 773
?  Error from routine: INITTIME
?  Error message:
?        Mismatch between model_basis_time read from namelist and validity time read
?        from dump fixed header.
?
?        model_basis_time    =   1989      3      1      0      0      0
?        fixhd validity time =   1989      9      1      0      0      0
?
?        If this is intentional disable this check by setting all elements of
?        namelist:nlstcall=model_basis_time to zero. Otherwise make adjustments to
?        either the namelist or dump to ensure that these two values match.
?
?        Please note, that if it is valid to do so for your job setup, you may change
?        the validity time of the dump using the reconfiguration namelist variables:
?        * namelist:headers=i_override_date_time
?        * namelist:headers=new_date_time
?
?        Please see the metadata help text associated with these two variables for
?        more information.
?  Error from processor: 774
?  Error number: 31
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Would you be able to help me figure out how to fix this?

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel

You appear to have left reconfiguration on, so the suite reconfgured /work/n02/n02/dangalea/cylc-run/u-cg647/share/data/cg647a.ainitial, setting the year to 1989 and writing the result to /work/n02/n02/dangalea/archive/u-cg647/19890301T0000Z/cg647a.da19890301_00 ie overwriting what was there initially.

I’d be tempted to back up a cycle and try again, but switch off reconfiguration (and the build))

Grenville

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.