Transfer of FAMOUS configurations files to puma2

Hi,

On the old pumas there existed a directory /home/famous, owned by Annette, that contained a number of configurations files, scripts and things for setting up UM4.5.3 FAMOUS jobs via the UMUI. Could someone move these over to puma2 to somewhere equivalently central please?

thanks,

Robin

Hi Robin,

I’ve copied them to /home/n02/n02/umui/famous. That way it should be easier for us to manage.

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros,

thanks for the quick action!

A follow-on issue, I’m afraid: the longer path names to puma2 /homes means that quite a few references to stashmaster and local postproc scripts in existing FAMOUS jobs now violate the 50 character limit the UMUI allows. I can set up an short-name environment variables in “File and Directory Naming” which point to the new directory locations, but the “Specify User STASHmaster files” panel doesn’t seem to resolve these and complains that it can’t find the files anymore.

Any suggestions, other than physically renaming all the User STASHmaster files to shorter things?

thanks,

Robin

Hi Robin,

You should be able to refer to home directories in the “Specify User STASHmaster files” and “hand-edits” panel using e.g. ~umui/famous/...... At least you can at vn8.4 I wouldn’t have thought 4.5 would be any different. Any windows that don’t allow the use of ~ you’ll have to let me know and I will need to go and figure out which variable it is and change its max allowable length.

Cheers,
Ros.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.