UM vn10.7 on the ARCHER2

Hi,

I still need to run a bit old suite (u-cq703, UM vn10.7, NEMO vn3.6) on ARCHER2.

Several suites have been updated and tested after the ARCHER2 OS Upgrade, but UM v10.7 is not included. Do the published UM suite update instruction (Updating a UM suite after the ARCHER2 O/S upgrade) also apply to V10.7?

I followed the instructions and updated the necessary files, but it doesn’t run properly. Could you test any suite of v10.7 for us?

Thanks
Kenji

Hi Kenji,

We haven’t ported any 10.7 suites yet. The instructions should still apply, but I think we need to update the archer2 UM config branch first. I will have a look at our 10.7 standard suite and get back to you.

Annette

Hi Kenji,

Unfortunately I have had a bit of trouble getting the 10.7 suite going again. We are looking into it and hopefully will have an update soon.

Annette

Hi Annette,

I sincerely appreciate your continued cooperation.

Kenji

Hi Kenji,

I have updated our 10.7 CMIP standard suite (u-as037) and it’s working OK now. The changes I made are listed here:
https://code.metoffice.gov.uk/trac/roses-u/changeset/264242/a/s/0/3/7/trunk

Note that I also updated postproc, so that should work properly now too.

This suite is very similar to u-cq703, so I’d recommend just copying in the suite.rc and site/archer2.rc directly from u-as037.

You will also need to put in the changes to rose-suite.conf.

If you want to run pptransfer for archiving to JASMIN you will also need the changes to app/fcm_make_pp/rose-app.conf and app/postproc/rose-app.conf.

Best wishes,

Annette

Hi Annette,

I appreciate your supports. Now my suite (cz006) works well except the pptransfer process.

The following errors (job.err) have been raised with regard to pptransfer;

Lmod is automatically replacing “cce/15.0.0” with “gcc/11.2.0”.

Due to MODULEPATH changes, the following have been reloaded:

1. cray-mpich/8.1.23

[WARN] file:atmospp.nl: skip missing optional source: namelist:moose_arch
[WARN] file:nemocicepp.nl: skip missing optional source: namelist:moose_arch
[WARN] file:atmospp.nl: skip missing optional source: namelist:script_arch
[WARN] file:nemocicepp.nl: skip missing optional source: namelist:script_arch
[WARN] [SUBPROCESS]: Command: globus-url-copy -vb -cd -r -cc 4 -verify-checksum -sync -sync-level 2 -cred /work/n02/n02/kizumi/cred.jasmin /work/n02/n02/kizumi/archive/u-cz006/23020101T0000Z/ gsiftp://gridftp1.jasmin.ac.uk/gws/nopw/j04/pmip4_vol2/users/kizumi/u-cz006/23020101T0000Z/
[SUBPROCESS]: Error = 1:
Error loading source credential: GSS failure:
GSS Major Status: General failure
GSS Minor Status Error Chain:
globus_sysconfig: File does not exist: /work/n02/n02/kizumi/cred.jasmin is not a valid file

[WARN] Transfer command failed: globus-url-copy -vb -cd -r -cc 4 -verify-checksum -sync -sync-level 2 -cred /work/n02/n02/kizumi/cred.jasmin /work/n02/n02/kizumi/archive/u-cz006/23020101T0000Z/ gsiftp://gridftp1.jasmin.ac.uk/gws/nopw/j04/pmip4_vol2/users/kizumi/u-cz006/23020101T0000Z/
[ERROR] transfer.py: Unknown Error - Return Code=1
[FAIL] Command Terminated
[FAIL] Terminating PostProc…
[FAIL] transfer.py <<‘STDIN
[FAIL]
[FAIL] ‘STDIN’ # return-code=1
2023-08-15T00:29:16Z CRITICAL - failed/EXIT

;-------------------------------------

I do not have such a file (/work/n02/n02/kizumi/cred.jasmin), and how do I fix the error?

Thanks
Kenji

Hi Kenji,

You need to generate a the cred.jasmin certificate by following the “Generate a JASMIN short-lived credential” instructions on our pptransfer setup page: Configuring PPTransfer

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros, Hi Annette,

Everything is working well !!! I sincerely appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks
Kenji

Thanks for letting us know. Glad it’s working ok now.

Cheers,
Ros.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.