Availability of nested / limited area version of MetUM with UKCA module

Hello Helpdesk,

Can you please advise me on what model versions are available on ARCHER2 of the nested / limited area version of the MetUM with the UKCA module?

Can you please also advise how this differs from the model that is available on MONSOON2? Paul Field has a version of this model running on MONSOON2, which has the model id ‘u-cf871’. There is also reference to a nested version of UKCA here: Other UKCA Configurations - UKCA

I have a PDRA starting around October that will be using this model setup. This work is funded by an EU Horizon 2020 grant, and involves Paul Field. We plan to run the model on ARCHER2 and would like to get the model setup before the PDRA starts.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Andrew

I am not sure how to answer your question - we currently support several UM versions on Archer2 (see http://cms.ncas.ac.uk/wiki/Archer2 and look on Acher2 in /work/y07/shared/umshared) and have ported several suites.

Paul’s suite u-cf871 uses UM vn 11.9 - we have not ported that particular suite. There are countless suites - we have tried to provide information on how to port to Archer2 so that users can do the porting. I see no reason why u-cf871 could not be ported to Archer.

Grenville

Hi Grenville,

Thanks for the reply and information.

I think I was under the misapprehension that the nested configuration of the UM with the UKCA module was a special version, but now I realise that its a configuration of the latest release.

I will investigate whether vn11.7 of the model is appropriate, which is installed on Archer. If not I can work with Paul at porting another version of the model from monsoon to archer.

Thanks again.

Andrew