Configuring PPTransfer with GridFTP

Hi,
I have been trying to set up the GridFTP transfer after my old PPTransfer set-up began failing yesterday after not being able to ssh into xfer1 from ARCHER2. I followed the instructions here: Configuring PPTransfer but my PPTransfer is stuck on retrying with the error:

Have you seen this error before or have any ideas how I can get the transfer to work?
Thanks,
Hannah

Hi Hannah

Please check the permissions on /gws/nopw/j04/macaque//hannah/u-cs023/19900101T0000Z

Grenville

Hi Grenville,

There isn’t a folder of 19900101T0000Z currently as I was running to create this (there was previously a folder but I had deleted this after making some adjustments to the job) but the folder u-cs023 has drwxr-sr-x. What should it be?

Thanks,
Hannah

who is the owner?

Me - s2261584 is the username on Jasmin!

Hannah

DId you do this:
Note: In order to use GridFTP to JASMIN you must have access to the hpxfer (High Performance Data Transfer Service). Access can be requested via the JASMIN Accounts Portal.

But maybe the question should be why could you not ssh to xfer1 from ARCHER2?

Hi Grenville,
Yes I have hpxfer access and I checked with JASMIN last night as to why xfer1 was off and was told that ‘The data transfer server xfer1.jasmin.ac.uk was not responsive due to a high CPU utilization load. The server was rebooted yesterday evening.’ It is working again now, but I had thought while it wasn’t I should set up GridFTP as it seems the old PPtransfer documentation isn’t as easily accessible anymore!

Thanks,
Hannah