Connection between PUMA and BAS HPC

I was recently running the HadCM3 simulations in PUMA, with all the simulations failed, even though I only copied the old jobs, which ran successfully a year ago. My local machine is the BAS hpc. When I send the jobs from PUMA to BAS hpc, I guess that something goes wrong with the connection between the two machines. As the screenshot shows, there are three warnings. They don’t usually occur here usually. Cold you please help me find what’s wrong with it?

Dear Zoey,

We don’t have access to the BAS machine from which you are running the test.sh script so it’s very hard for us to offer advice. Is the test.sh script something you or a colleagues has written? It is not a script we are familiar with. It is also not clear from the output whether the warnings are coming from your local system or from PUMA. All the paths I see in the output refer to to filesystems local to BAS.

The messages you are seeing are only warnings, so also possible they may not actually be the cause of your problems.

Do you have any colleagues or local support that you can talk to?

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros,

The test.sh is a script I wrote for modifying the SUBMIT module quickly, just adding the .bashrc and the name of running queue I will run in the BAS HPC. I think that it does not have any problem, because I changed the two things manually every time before I wrote this script. I can run simulations with this script successfully before.

I still find that when I log into the PUMA, there is a warning shown the first line: warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (UTF-8): No such file or directory. Will it be the possible key related to my failure simulations? I mean that the information from the failed simulations is the error code 134: PMIX ERROR: NO-PERMISSIONS in file gds_dstore.c.

Thanks,
Huiling

Hi Huiling,

The PMIX Error on file gds_dstore.c is to do with OpenMPI on your HPC. Please contact your HPC support.

Regards,
Ros.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.