Unable to submit a job from PUMA2 to Monsoon

Hello Helpdesk,

I’m trying to submit my suite u-da735 to Monsoon, but its failing with a ‘no hosts selected’ error. See screenshot. This was submitted from PUMA2, so perhaps I had to modify the suite before submitting.

Thanks for any advice.

Andrew

Andrew

PUMA2 is only for submission to ARCHER2

Grenville

Hi Grenville,

Oh dear, not one of my better tickets :slight_smile:

But moving on, I submitted the model and its failing on the glm reconfiguration step. The error is below, but its that fields 0,274 and 0,275 are not in the input dump. However, I have included these as ancillaries, but the error does not go away. I also set these fields to zero, but the error still persists. Can you please advise? The suite is u-da739.

Thanks

Andrew

???
???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!! ERROR ???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!???!!!
? Error code: 30
? Error from routine: RCF_RESET_DATA_SOURCE
? Error message: Section 0 Item 275 : Required field is not in input dump!
? Error from processor: 10
? Error number: 1099
???

Hi Andrew,

This is one of the more subtle, and annoying, Rose/Cylc features. The suite has an optional key ga7p2_gl8p1 set which means that all entries in app/glm_um/opt/rose-app-ga7p2_gl8p1.conf supersede those in the GUI, including those relating to the ancils you require.

Make a backup of app/glm_um/opt/rose-app-ga7p2_gl8p1.conf and then remove the lines
[!namelist:items(8e0b5d58)]
and
[!namelist:items(e7100f44)]

from the original.

Simon.

hi Simon,

I got the model to run, although there was an issue with the archiving of the stash. However, I skipped that an issue for now, and instead tried to run the model over a different domain over the Antarctic Peninsula. The glm model reconfigures and runs fine, but the nested domain is failing at the reconfiguration, with the error ‘stash_req is missing or incompatible in items namelist’. Are you able to please advise?

Many thanks,

Andrew

???
? Error code: 10
? Error from routine: READ_NML_ITEMS
? Error message: stash_req is missing or incompatible in items namelist.
? Please check entries.
? Error from processor: 0
? Error number: 2
???

Hi Andrew,

Could you let me know the suite-id and the name of the task which failed.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Its u-da739.

The task that failed was ‘um_recon’, so the reconfiguration of the nested domain. This was using science configuration ‘ral3p2’ (so CASIM microphysics) and ERA5 to drive the glm.

I changed the science configuration to ‘ga6’ and the ‘um_recon’ task completed fine. So it seems perhaps there is a field required that is not included in ERA5 that the ‘ral3p2’ science configuration requires.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Oh, it’s the same suite, didn’t appreciate that. So looking at the cylc-run dir, the task which failed is Escudero_1p5km_RAL3p2_504p4_um_recon correct? However Escudero_1p5km_ga6_um_recon works, and the only difference between the two is the science config?

Simon.

Andrew

Is this still a problem - I see a different error now?

Grenville

Hi Grenville,
Can I update you tomorrow. Paul Field has added some further changes that I need to check to see if they help.
Thanks
Andrew

Hi Grenville,

The suite is u-da913.

I made progress. But its still failing with the same error related to the generation / reconfiguration of the start file for the nested domain (see below).

Note that it ran successfully using era5 to force ga7 global, and then using ga7 for the nest. This run that is failing is essentially the same as this, with the exception that ga7 for the nest is replaced by the ral3p2 science configration, which I think largely means that CASIM is being used in the nested domain. So its likely that the suite is looking for input fields connected with CASIM that are not being supplied. I’m afraid that I have not been able to identify what fields these are.

Thanks

Andrew

???
? Error code: 10
? Error from routine: READ_NML_ITEMS
? Error message: stash_req is missing or incompatible in items namelist.
? Please check entries.
? Error from processor: 0
? Error number: 2
???