Creasting asc. files rather than nc files

Dear Patrick,

Hope this email finds you well.

All my output file of the JULES are all asc file instead of nc files. I wonder what would be causing this?

Thanks for your time.
Best,
Wenyao

Hi Wenyao:
I see the ASCII output files from the names of your newer output files in this directory:
/work/scratch-pw2/gwy1998/fluxnet/run11a/

I just tried to run my suite ~pmcguire/roses/u-al752currentworking13 on JASMIN.
This suite doesn’t produce ASCII output files. It produces NETCDF output files.

How is your suite different from ~pmcguire/roses/u-al752currentworking13 ?
Maybe you made a change that is causing it to produce ASCII output files?
Patrick

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for checking. I am not sure what change could possibly cause this. Do you have an idea about changes to which of part of the suite could cause the output file to change? So I can figure it out in details.

Best,
Wenyao

Hi Wenyao:
I think this problem just started in the last week or two for you, am I right?
Do you know what changes you made to the suite in the last last week or two?
Maybe you can then look at those changes to see if any of them can change how the file is written out?

It might be that you changed the compiling options, so that maybe you are compiling without netcdf support? But it could be some other change that you made. You probably didn’t make too many changes in the last week or two, so it might not be too hard to narrow it down or to revert to a working version of your suite.

Is your suite under version control? Then it’s not too hard to figure out what changes you made recently. You can also use the recursive diff -r linux command line to compare your old suite to your new suite.

I hope this helps.
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.