Increase disk quota doe jules run

Dea Helpdesk,

I am running my JULES suite for u-al752 which created massive local storage of cylc-run folder hence constantly leading to the disk quota exceeded error. I wonder if it is possible to increase for instance. or is there a way to not store that folder locally.

Best,
Wenyao

Hi Wenyao
I don’t immediately see any massive local storage for you in the cylc-run folder (in /work/scratch-pw2/gwy1998/cylc-run) for the u-al752 or u-cy957 suites on JASMIN. How much space are you using there? I only see about 0.8GB right now. Or are you using a different scratch disk?

You probably don’t need to save the core.* files in your home directory, so you might delete those files.

You can always sign up for the landsurf_rdg group workspace (if you haven’t already). But there should be lots of space on the scratch-pw2 disk.
Patrick

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. I have already deleted the previous u-al752 at my home folder which took up to 100Gb. I guess if I use the scratch routine it will no longer exceed the quote?

Best,
Wenyao

Hi Wenyao:
Yes, the scratch disk-space usage doesn’t count against your home-directory quota of 100GB.
But, the files on the scratch disk will automatically be deleted after 30 days, so you should copy your valuable data files from scratch to somewhere else before 30 days.
Patrick