N512 query

Hi,

I have been running an N512 run of the UM11.4 AMIP standard job but noticed that the output file sizes are the same for those given out by an N96 run, and the variables outputted also have the same resolution as an N96 run (192x145). To run the N512 model, I copied over the standard job and then selected N512e in Suite conf → Model Configuration → Horizontal resolution. Am I missing a setting to output the fields at N512 resolution?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi,

just checking to see if you have managed to have a look into this.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

As announced, we’re a bit thin on the ground currently, so unfortunately there may be a delay in answering queries.

Depending on the suite, it is possible that just changing the resolution is not enough. We’ll take a look as soon as we can.

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Daniel,

Can you please confirm which data files you are referring to? I’m looking in /work/n02/n02/dangalea/cylc-run/u-cg647/share/data/History_Data and the files I’ve looked at are all on 1024x768.

Cheers,
Ros.

Hi,

It seems that the postproc app is failing due to running out of time, therefore the files have not been transferred onto JASMIN yet, which is where I was checking the data from. PUMA seems to be down at the moment, but would you know how to allocate more time to the postproc app to try a fix once it is back up?

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

The execution time limit for postproc is set in the site/archer2.rc file.

Cheers,
Ros.