Nccmp: command not found

Hi Dave,

I am doing a change on the JULES code on JASMIN cylc1, debuging the water table routine under Ticket #1488.
Changes to the branch are already commited to the MOSRS.
I am trying to do run the rose stem test but all taks of the KGO_CHECK group are failing when comparing the output files and the KGOs. See below the job.err and job.out of the job.

Is there any module available on JASMIN with the nco tools? I could not find any.

Any information would be so helpful
cheers
Carolina

job.err

/home/users/caroduro/cylc-run/vn7.4_lsh_vert_vary_soil_props/bin/compare_all: line 62: nccmp: command not found
[fail]        Comparison failed
/home/users/caroduro/cylc-run/vn7.4_lsh_vert_vary_soil_props/bin/compare_all: line 62: nccmp: command not found
[fail] At least one file failed to compare

job.out

Suite    : vn7.4_lsh_vert_vary_soil_props
Task Job : 1/nccmp_loobos_forecast/01 (try 1)
User@Host: caroduro@host463.jc.rl.ac.uk

2023-11-21T12:36:25Z INFO - started
[info] Comparing files in ../loobos_forecast/output with KGO in /gws/nopw/j04/jules/admin/rose-stem-kgo/vn7.4
[info] Command for comparisons - nccmp -d --force
[info]        Comparing loobos_forecast.dump.19961231.82800.nc...
[info]        Comparing loobos_forecast.dump.19970101.0.nc...
[info]        Comparing loobos_forecast.dump.19971231.82800.nc...
[info]        Comparing loobos_forecast.gb_diagnostics.nc...
[info]        Comparing loobos_forecast.tile_diagnostics.nc...

I’ve asked JASMIN about this, and they recommend:
module load jaspy

this may have to be put into the trunk at some point, although it may be better to build our own tools - I think there are things going on at the Met Office which others are aware of, so I’ll try to keep up with tickets for the next release.

For now - just use jaspy (and any data which is in KGO).
Dave

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for this.
I have tested two modules on the file jamins/runtime.rc :
module load jaspy
module load jaspy/3.10/r20220721

But adding any of these lines does not do any difference.

If I do it on the command line, then everything works fine.

I will keep you posted.
Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.