Pptransfer failing and retrying

Hi,
I am receiving both CPU time limit exceeded
2022-08-20T10:53:44Z CRITICAL - failed/XCPU errors on my PPTRANSFER and also sometimes fails with this message:
md5sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match
[ERROR] Checksum verification failed.
The pptransfer automatically reruns after this and has succeeded but the final cycle has now failed 4 times and so I’m unsure whether to proceed. The XCPU fail is happening on both u-cp350 and u-co989 and the checksum fail is only occurring so far on u-cp350. The time out is happening at 3 hours.

Thanks,
Hannah

Hi Hannah

I can not see a reason for the checksum failure nor for the slow transfer - what happens if you trigger the pptransfer task now?

Grenville

Hi Grenville,

It has now run fine after releasing! Is there anything I can do to stop this occurring again? The wallclock time is set to 3H50M but the PPtransfers were all failing at 3 hours so I’m wondering if I need to extend this for future runs / how I extend this to run for the final 50 minutes if needed?

Best,
Hannah

Hannah

As far as I can see, the time is set to 3H (see archer2.rc [[POSTPROC_RESOURCE]])

I can’t make any sensible suggestions for how to prevent this, since we don’t know why it happened.

Grenville

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.