Unable to make changes in UMUI

Hi,
I think with the new puma server, I am unable to make any changes in any of fields in UMUI window. Even I am not able to search for a new experiment, as I can’t type in anything on the filter boxes.

Will really appreciate any help to solve this issue…

Thanks & Regards
Rahul

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses.

Hi Rahul,

I don’t know what to advise. The UMUI is working fine for myself and other colleagues. Clicking in the edit boxes I can type ok.

Could you attach a screenshot of the window to this ticket please? In the filter window can you turn the different switches on and off (e.g. search by identifier rather than the default Owner)? Is is just typing in an edit box that doesn’t work?

Have you changed anything in your setup? What machine are you logging into pumanew from? Mac, Linux, Windows?

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros,

Many thanks for the reply.

I can turn different switches on and off. But I cant type in anything on the edit boxes.

Attaching a screenshot of filter window, where I clicked on identifier checkbox and it turned red. But I can’t type any string in the box. The curser seems to be in box as it blinks, but whatever I type its not seen there. I think this is same with any other options anywhere in UMUI for me. I just tried modifying some fields from an experiment I ran before, but its same thing there as well.

I am accessing pumanew from a Linux machine via SSH

Regards
Rahul

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses.

Hi Rahul,

Could you try logging into pumanew from a different machine to see if you get the same problem? At the moment we don’t know if the problem is on your local machine or your environment on pumanew. I’ve had a look in your profiles on pumanew but I can’t see anything obvious in there that could cause a issue.

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros,
Thank you. I just tried logging in to the puma new through BAS common linux server, but the issue remains. Might be because I am using same laptop and connecting to the linux server and then accessing puma.

I will try to connect through my personal Mac and see if I am getting same issue. Will update on this soon.

Can you suggest any checks I can do in my local machine to confirm which settings can create such an issue?

Regards
Rahul

Hello,
Did this every get resolved?
I have a new linux laptop (with RedHat Enterprise Linux) and am getting exactly the same problem.
The UMUI has always worked well on my other computers.
Thanks
Julia

Hi Julia

We have seen the same problem for users attempting to use the UMUI from a Met Office machine. The solution was to not use the MO to access the UMUI. The problem was local to the user - do you have the same problem on different networks?

Grenville

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.