ANTS on JASMIN

Good morning Patrick

I wonder if you might be able to help me with tracking down status of ANTS on JASMIN.

I discovered these instructions, but afraid I failed at step 5 (i.e. python pointing to your path).

In any case, I wonder how up-to-date these installations might be, or if you’re aware of any updated guidance on accessing ANTS via Jasmin. I can also ask the ANTS team locally here.

Thanks for any insights
Huw

Hi Huw
I just tried the instructions. And it works for me. Do you have access to the ‘ncas_generic’ group workspace mentioned in item #1?
If not, then maybe you can apply to the JASMIN Accounts portal for access?
Patrick

Hi Patrick

Thanks for following up. I had missed the part about ncas_generic workspace, apologies. I can investigate this further and come back to you if I need to.

Can you confirm what version of ANTS is available via your route? i.e. do you update versions, or is this relevant to whenever it was first installed?

Huw

Hi Huw:

The version found in this old version that I still use sometimes is:

print(ants.version)
0.6dev

I don’t personally update this version.

Simon Wilson has an ANTS build working in a Singularity container that works on JASMIN and ARCHER2. It is version 0.15, which is newer. I have used it some, to try to get various ANTS/CAP rose/cylc suites to work on JASMIN with it. It’s pretty easy to use.

It is described at:
http://cms.ncas.ac.uk/wiki/ANTSContainer

Patrick

Hi Patrick

I will investigate the Container option when I can.

Thank you
Huw

Hi Huw:
Based upon your query, I also updated the webpage a little, at: ANTS on JASMIN - Land Surface Processes Group
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.