ARCHER to ARCHER2 UM Suite Update

Hi,

I have attempted to follow the quick start guide to turn an ARCHER UM suite (u-by159) to an ARCHER2 UM suite. I have managed to go through the guide but an error (attached) is coming up. Would you be able to help?

please give us read permissions on your ARCHER2 /work files

Daniel

Your suite is confused in this bit of code in /home/dgalea/roses/u-by159/site/archer2.rc:

{# Set up start dumps #}
{% set AINITIAL_DIR = '$UMDIR/hadgem3/initial/atmos/' %}
{% if HORIZ == 'n96e' %}
{% set AINITIAL = AINITIAL_DIR + 'N96L85/ab642a.da19880901_00' %}
{% elif HORIZ == 'n216e' %}
{% set AINITIAL = AINITIAL_DIR + 'N216L85/ab680a.da19880901_00' %}
{% elif HORIZ == 'n512e' %}
{% set AINITIAL = AINITIAL_DIR + 'N216L85/ab680a.da19880901_00' %}
{% elif HORIZ == 'n1280' %}
{% set AINITIAL = '/work/n02/n02/annette/HRCM/start/br938a.da20041101_00' %}
{% endif %}

the suite sets HORIZ to n96 or n216 or n512 (no e on the end) - remove the es

Grenville

Hi,

That did the trick. The suite now submits, but still throws up some errors:

fcm_make_um is now failing due to not being able to find the fcm-make/ncas-ex-cce directory as seen below. This is slightly confusing as nothing was changed from the original ARCHER configuration, so I would have thought that it should’ve worked.

As for install_ancil and fcm_make2_pp, I am getting the following:

I am trying to submit to the Standard queue using two full nodes (256 processors), using a run length of P3D with a wallclock time of PT20M and a cycling frequency of P1D. Again, not sure what I’m doing wrong there. Would you be able to help please? I have given you access to my /work files on ARCHER2.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Looking at your suite I see this is at UM11.0. We don’t have UM11.0 installed on ARCHER2. Looking at the history of the suite I see that it is a copy of the standard GA7.0 N96 suite which we have ported to ARCHER2 at later UM versions. Please see the table of standard jobs at: ARCHER2 Standard Jobs.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ros

Hi,

thanks for that.

Regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.