Edit JULES script

Hi Helpdesk,

I am trying to alter the part of code in sf_stom_jls file but I find it difficult to find where the data input is and I am not sure about the time-step used for the suite. Or if I can merge them to sub-daily or half-hourly for example.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Wenyao:
I guess you’re talking about the u-al752 suite. Is that correct?

The timestep length for the FLUXNET sites in that suite are found in, for example (for the AT_Neu site):
~/roses/u-al752/app/jules/opt/rose-app-drive-AT_Neu.conf,
where it says:
**timestep**_len=1800

This is 1800 seconds = 30 minutes, which is half-hourly. This has the timestep for the JULES model being the same as the timestep of the driving data. For some of the other sites, it is hourly.

The driving data is given, for example, in the file:
~/roses/u-al752/app/jules/opt/rose-app-drive-AT_Neu.conf,
where it says:
file=‘$FLUXNET2015_DRIVE_DIR/AT_Neu-met.dat’

The observational data is found in the file
~/roses/u-al752/suite.rc,
where it says:

DATA_VERSION=1.4
DATA_FOLDER={{ SUITE_DATA }}/testvn$DATA_VERSION
FLUXNET2015_DRIVE_DIR = $DATA_FOLDER/fluxnet
OBS_FOLDER = $DATA_FOLDER/fluxnet_obs/

The file:
~/roses/u-al752/rose-suite.conf
says:
SUITE_DATA='/gws/nopw/j04/jules/pmcguire/fluxnet/kwilliam/suite_data'

Does this help?
If you have any other questions, just let me know.
Patrick

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for your help. I wonder if it is possible just to have JULES run on one site. For example just run for AT_Neu set perhaps. Can I extract one or can I disable the others. I know I can exclude neon sites but what about others.

Thanks.

Hi Wenyao:
Have you studied the suite.rc file yet? It is located at ~/roses/u-al752/suite.rc. Please do study that file to see how things work.

In there, you can see that there is a selected_sites variable. You can enable using only the sites listed in selected_sites by setting SUBSET='selection' in your ~/roses/u-al752/rose-suite.conf file.

Let me know if this works for you or not.
Patrick

It is running now. Thanks a lot for your help.
Best,
Gan

Hi Wenyao:
That’s great to hear! You’re welcome!
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.