Emails of our own helpdesk posts?

Is there a way to receive email copies of our own posts to the Helpdesk?
Currently, I don’t receive such emails, and I only receive email copies of other people’s posts to the CMS Helpdesk. This leaves gaps in my email record of the Helpdesk conversations.
Patrick

Presumably you could make an account with your other email or something?

Hi DaveC:
That’s a nice suggestion. I guess there isn’t a way to configure this behavior in Discourse rather than adding another account for me on Discourse?
Patrick

Hi again:
I tried DaveC’s suggestion of adding a 2nd email account. But my gmail account is not allowed for a CMS Helpdesk account. And my ncas account is not allowed since that is already taken as an account name, for some reason. Should I create another institutional account somewhere for this besides my reading.ac.uk account? Or is there another solution to getting self copies of my own helpdesk posts?
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi CMS Helpdesk:
Is there something else I could try to get this working?
Patrick

In your preferences → emails try changing mailing list mode from “Send me an email for every new post except my own” to “Send me an email for every new post”. If that doesn’t work then I have no idea I’m afraid.

Cheers,
Ros.

Thanks Ros!
I just tried that. Hopefully it works.
If I get an email for this reply, then that will be a good sign.
Patrick

The test reply was sent by email to me!
Thanks, Ros! It worked!
Patrick

Glad to hear it worked Patrick. :+1:
I’ll close this query now.

Cheers,
Ros.