Iris package can not be found

Dear Patrick,

I am trying to run the bench marking suite (u-bx465) by Heather Ashton and I came across the ancillary error. Then I saw your conversation with MDeKauwe two years ago.

Wall time issue - related to JASMIN env?

I have run his suite (u-cr731, my local copy is u-de307) which has been adjusted for JASMIN and it works. However, when I came to bench mark analysis this error poped up for the Iris module.

Lmod has detected the following error: The following module(s) are unknown:
“scitools”

Please check the spelling or version number. Also try “module spider …”
It is also possible your cache file is out-of-date; it may help to try:
$ module --ignore_cache load “scitools”

Also make sure that all modulefiles written in TCL start with the string
#%Module

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/users/gwy1998/cylc-run/u-de307/lib/python/benchmark_analysis.py”, line 20, in
import iris
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘iris’
2024-03-07T19:13:59Z CRITICAL - failed/EXIT

I wonder if you know anything about this error.

Best,
Wenyao

Hi Wenyao
If you’re missing iris, you might need to do a module load jaspy or a module load jaspy/2.7 (depending on whether you are using Python 3 or Python 2.7) before you run your suite. Or you can instead do the module load inside your suite.
Patrick

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

I have got a bench mark analysis python file in the lib folder in my suite where iris will be imported.
Should I put a module load jaspy before that import command if I want to load it inside my suite?

Or it will be more suitable to put it together where ‘scitools’ will be loaded in the file under the bin folder? Is the missing of jaspy module also the reason why ‘scitools’ can’t not be loaded?

Thanks again for your help.

Best,
Wenyao

Hi Wenyao
The module load jaspy should be run before you start python.
Patrick

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for suggesting loading jaspy. I did what you suggested load the module in the termina outside the auite but it did not solve the issue.I wonder if I am doing it the right way?

Best,
Wenyao

Hi Wenyao:
If the module load jaspy doesn’t work when doing that before you run your suite, then you can try the other suggestion that I gave. The other suggestion was to do module load jaspy inside your suite, before you start running python. Do you see where in your suite that you start to run python?
Patrick

Dear Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. I saw some ‘module load’ commands in the suite.rc file. I wonder if that’s where I should put the jaspy load line in? In addiction, I guess this means python 2.7 is used in stead of python3? Is there a way of changing.

Best,
Wenyao

Hi Wenyao
You can try putting a module load jaspy/2.7 there.
Patrick

Dear Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your help. It is now working.

Best,
Wenyao

Yay!
Congrats, Wenyao!
Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.