NEMO suite failing at building stage

Hi,

Sorry to bother you, but I am having trouble with one of my suites, which ran previously but is now failing to build. It is a NEMO suite, u-dg710, which is a direct copy of my original u-ba251. This used to run absolutely fine, but I haven’t tried it for a couple of years so presumably the infrastructure has changed in the meantime? I am running it on MONSOON2, the same as I previously did.

It is failing at the fcm_make_ocean and fcm_make_pp stages, apparently simultaneously. I can’t see any obvious error in the former, but the latter has:

[FAIL] svn: E000110: Unable to connect to a repository at URL ‘svn://puma.nerc.ac.uk/NEMOCICE_svn/NEMO/trunk/NEMOGCM/TOOLS/REBUILD_NEMO’
[FAIL] svn: E000110: Can’t connect to host ‘puma.nerc.ac.uk’: Connection timed out

which makes me wonder if it is actually a PUMA issue i.e. it is trying to connect to the old version?

Incidentally, in case you are wondering why I am running a NEMO suite, the point of this is not to actually run the model but just generate the mesh_mask files which are needed to create the coupling weights. I expect it to crash at the first timestep of the nemo_cice stage, which is absolutely fine as long as it creates these mesh_mask files. But at the moment, it isn’t even getting this far.

Thanks a lot,

Charlie

Hi Charlie

There is no longer a svn://puma.nerc.ac.uk/.

Please try switching off Post Processing (under suite conf-> Build and run) & run again (clutching at straws here)

Grenville

Thanks very much. I just tried that, and although fcm_make_pp no longer appears (and therefore doesn’t fail), fcm_make_ocean still fails after ~4 minutes.

Charlie

Charlie

There’s some problem getting cice branches from jwalton, but on removing those and using fcm:cice.xm for the cice_project_location, the model builds and runs (briefly) to create mesh and weight files (see /home/d03/gmslis/cylc-run/u-dg710/work/19760101T0000Z/nemo_cice) - My copy of u-dg710 is in /home/d03/gmslis/roses/u-dg710.

Grenville

Thanks very much Grenville, I will take a look at your copy right now. Is it just a case of changing my copy to match yours i.e. making your changes, and it should work for me as well?

Charlie

For once, I have answered my own question: yes. So my version is now identical to yours, and it builds the mesh mask files as it should.

Many thanks,

Charlie

glad it’s worked

Grenville

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.