Postproc_cice missing file for seasonal mean

Hi Ros,

I’m running into some problems with postproc (nemo and cice) also with missing files. Should I copy these back from mass?

[ERROR] Seasonal mean for Summer 1794 not possible as only got 2 file(s):
cice_cd124i_1m_17940701-17940801.nc, cice_cd124i_1m_17940801-17940901.nc
[FAIL] Command Terminated

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Yes copy the June data back from mass and that should fix it.

Cheers,
Ros.

Hi Ros,

I can’t seem to find the April to June files on mass. Could these be anywhere else?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Looking at u-cd124 in the job.out for postproc_cice for the 19740401 cycle it didn’t create the April, May or June files or the Spring seasonal mean… It did nothing other than removing an old restart file. I can’t see anything to indicate why. Something obviously went wrong with the restart. I see the coupled model for that cycle was run a month before the postproc. If you need those seasonal means then I think you will need to rerun the coupled model from that cycle.

Regards,
Ros.

Thanks, Ros. Is there a way to restart this cleanly? Can I just retrigger that coupled cycle?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Unfortunately it’s not as easy as just retriggering that cycle because the restart files needed have been archived to MASS.

We can try doing a “warm” start and see if that will get it going. You will need to extract the relevant atmos, nemo, cice restart files from MASS to restart the cycle and then run the command:

rose suite-run -- --warm 19740401T0000Z

If that doesn’t work I can only suggest doing the equivalent of an “NRUN” in old speak, by following the instructions here: https://code.metoffice.gov.uk/trac/moci/wiki/tips_CRgeneral#Restartingfromarchivedrestarts

Regards,
Ros.

Hi Ros,

Thank you. Are the relevant restart files for the --warm restart different to the usual archived dumps? I think I only have the January ones.

Thanks,
Lauren

Lauren

The start files for a warm start must be appropriate for the date of the warm start.

Grenville

Hi Grenville,

Sorry, just a bit confused whether I had these restart files at all for this cycle to do the --warm restart (17940401). I’ll try the NRUN from the previous January.

Thanks,
Lauren