ANCIL_ANTS_VEGERAC failing

This is the first time to create ancillary file in a few months, so I may have doing something wrong, but ANCIL_ANTS_VEGERAC is failing in my UM vn11.9 nesting suite, u-cp427.

After the first crash I copied python_env from my older suite. Now I’m getting this message in /home/d03/myosh/cylc-run/u-cp427/log/job/20190710T0000Z/Regn1_sBrit_ancil_ants_vegfrac/NN/job.err

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/d01/pamcg/anaconda3/envs/antsv0.13/bin/ancil_lct.py", line 149, in <module>
    args = parser.parse_args()
  File "/home/d01/pamcg/anaconda3/envs/antsv0.13/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ants/command_parse.py", line 158, in parse_args
    args.sources[ind] = ants.config.filepath_readable(args.sources[ind])
  File "/home/d01/pamcg/anaconda3/envs/antsv0.13/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ants/config.py", line 79, in filepath_readable
    raise IOError("{} does not exist.".format(filepath))
OSError: /projects/cascade/hadsw/NS/ANTS_SRCE/vegetation_fraction.ao996.r73298.nc does not exist.
[FAIL] python_env ancil_lct.py ${source} \
[FAIL] --target-grid ${target_grid} --transform-path ${transformpath} \
[FAIL] -o ${output_vegfrac} --landseamask-output ${output_lsm}       \
[FAIL] --ants-config ${ANTS_CONFIG} <<'__STDIN__'
[FAIL]
[FAIL] '__STDIN__' # return-code=1
2022-07-20T16:24:25Z CRITICAL - failed/EXIT

So it says /projects/cascade/hadsw/NS/ANTS_SRCE/vegetation_fraction.ao996.r73298.nc does not exist.
Am I doing something wrong or has any change been made recently?

Thanks,
Masaru

Something has happened to the cascade directory. Perhaps you want:
/projects/cascade.2022-06-07/hadsw/NS/ANTS_SRCE/vegetation_fraction.ao996.r73298.nc

but please check

OK. So it looks like I should I change this line;
source=/projects/cascade/hadsw/NS/ANTS_SRCE
in
app/install_cold/opt/rose-app-monsoon-cray-xc40-idl.conf

But there are several other places that specify ‘/projects/cascade’;

app/install_cold/opt/rose-app-bridges-intel.conf:25:source=/projects/cascade/hadsw/NS/RA2_AERO_ANCILS/aero_clims/GA6.0_antie/L90_40km_20YR/v2
app/install_cold/opt/rose-app-monsoon-cray-xc40-idl.conf:7:source=/projects/cascade/hadsw/NS/SRTM/pp
app/install_cold/opt/rose-app-monsoon-cray-xc40-idl.conf:19:source=/projects/cascade/hadsw/NS/ANTS_SRCE
app/install_cold/opt/rose-app-monsoon-cray-xc40.conf:21:source=/projects/cascade/hadsw/NS/RA2_AERO_ANCILS/aero_clims/GA6.0_antie/L90_40km_20YR/v2
opt/rose-suite-monsoon.conf:15:dm_ic_file="/projects/cascade/hadsw/um_analyses/YYYYmmddTHHMMZ_glm_t+0"

Should I change all of these? Probably so.
Cheers.
Masaru

The cascade directory doesn’t exist, so you’ll have to. I don’t know if the new one is exactly the same as the old one, so you may need to email someone from the cascade group, if you can find them, if you’re unsure.

The date on the file:
/projects/cascade.2022-06-07/hadsw/NS/ANTS_SRCE/vegetation_fraction.ao996.r73298.nc
is May 2018, so I guess that someone’s just moved the name of the cascade directory. I don’t know more than this, though.

Hi Dave,

I changed all lines that contain /projects/cascade and my suite is running. So that was probably the solution. Thank you for your help.

Masaru

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.