Get WFDE5 driving data working with JULES

Can you get the global WFDE5 driving data working with JULES on JASMIN?
JULES currently works with global WFDEI 1D-landOnly driving data that is located in the jules GWS at: /gws/nopw/j04/jules/data/WFD-EI-Forcing_copy2. See:

There is WFDE5 driving data in the hydro_jules GWS /gws/nopw/j04/hydro_jules/data/global/driving_data/wfde5/v2.0, as advised by Rich Ellis.

This ticket is mainly to document work that is related to Tristan Quaife’s SPLICE project .
Patrick

I have obtained short-term 6-month access to the hydro_jules GWS, in order to get this WFDE5 driving data working.
Patrick

Hi DougC:
I have I tried out WFDE5 namelists for JULES in /gws/nopw/j04/odanceo/pmcguire/jules_sif/global_v5.2pw_E5. But I can’t quite get it to work.

The already-working namelists for WFDEI with JULES5.2 are in /gws/nopw/j04/odanceo/pmcguire/jules_sif/global_v5.2pw.

I was working with WFDEI 1D-landonly before, and this WFDE5 data is 2D land+ocean. That isn’t such a big deal, but I don’t know where the ancillaries are located for the WFDE5 global data.

There is a directory /gws/nopw/j04/hydro_jules/data/global/ancillaries/wfde5/, but this has 30 arcsec data, instead of 30 arcmin data, which (I understand that) ERA normally uses.

Is there a rose/cylc suite that uses this WFDE5 data, which could point me to the right 2D land+ocean ancillary data?

Patrick

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.