ANTS/umshared on JASMIN again

Hi,

I’m trying to use ANTS on JASMIN again, and running into permissions issues with umshared again. I can see into the GWS itself, but then I don’t have permission to access the umshared subdirectory. I don’t have GWS access.

[emrobi@cylc2 u-dx624]$ ls -l /gws/ssde/j25b/umshared/umshared/
ls: cannot open directory '/gws/ssde/j25b/umshared/umshared/': Permission denied

[emrobi@cylc2 u-dx624]$ ls -l /gws/ssde/j25b/umshared/
total 4998
-rw-r--r--  1 root     gws_umshared     145 Oct  9  2024 README.info.csv
-rw-r--r--  1 umshared gws_umshared 5117322 Aug 24 17:19 symlink_transfer.log
drwxr-s--- 75 umshared gws_umshared       0 Aug 25 17:58 umshared

Let me know if I need to request access to the GWS.

Thanks,

Emma

Hi Emma.

Access to the /gws/ssde/j25b/umshared/umshared/ directory is restricted but you can load the ants module on JASMIN (e.g. sci-vm-01)…

$ hostname

sci-vm-01.jasmin.ac.uk

$ module load ants

$ python

>>> import ants

>>> ants.__file__

'/apps/jasmin/community/ANTS/ants_2.1.0/lib/ants/__init_

Cheers

Jonny

Hi Emma,

The permissions had gone wonky. I’ve fixed them so you should be able to see the files you need.

Cheers,
Ros

Thanks @RosalynHatcher , I can see the files I need now. Thanks for fixing this so quickly.

And thanks @jonnyhtw , I’m able to use ANTS from the module as suggested.